Last night's dinner was eggplant parmesan. Now I have made this before but I wasn't pleased with the outcome so I am simply re-doing the former post. This time, I am slicing the eggplant much thinner and drying them on a paper towel for two hours before breading them. I followed the instructions from the original recipe as well as the drying instructions from another recipe.
What You Need:
- 1 eggplant, sliced thin
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1/2 cup breadcrumbs
- 1/4 cup grated parmesan
- 1 tsp. Italian spices
- garlic salt and ground pepper to taste
- parmesan and mozzarella cheeses if desired
How to Do It:
First, preheat your oven to 400° F. Next, slice your eggplant into thin slices and lay them out on a couple layers of paper towels. Sprinkle with a little bit of salt on both sides and allow the slices to dry out for about two hours. Mix together the breadcrumbs, parmesan cheese, Italian spices, garlic salt, and pepper; set aside. Next, beat the egg slightly and set aside. After the slices are dry, dip them in the egg and then in the breadcrumb mixture. Grease a cookie sheet and place the breaded eggplant on the sheet. Place them into the oven. Bake for 12-15 minutes or until tender. Serve with your favorite pasta and pasta sauce. If you need a yummy sauce recipe, check out this one here. I also topped mine off with a little mozzarella cheese before putting on the sauce and then parmesan cheese. Enjoy!

No comments:
Post a Comment