This crust recipe comes from a close friend of mine who uses this recipe for delicious desserts such as her apple danish. Always a favorite at family reunions, the crust recipe is fairly easy and is generally fail-proof. This is the recipe I will be using for my Thanksgiving pies.
What You Need:
- 3 cups flour
- 1 cup shortening
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 egg yolk
How to Do It:
First, mix together flour, shortening, and salt. Next, add in milk and egg yolk. When everything is mixed together and your dough has the right consistency, divide and roll out to fit pie plate. Depending on whether you need to bake the crust before the pie or bake the pie and the crust at the same time, I suggest using a pie crust shield to save your crust from browning too much.
I've never heard of milk and egg in pie crust. I just use the recipe in the cookbook. Have fun at the parade tomorrow. Happy Thanksgiving!! Smooches
ReplyDelete