This year, I am making my first Thanksgiving dinner for my family! My parents are coming in to town for the holiday and I'm cooking for them. Some of the dishes I'll make are new to me and some are ones I've never made before but are favorites of mine. I'm incredibly nervous about it but I have more confidence in my cooking now so I think everything will turn out well. Here's hoping, anyways!
So I'll share with you my menu plan and for the next couple days I'll be blogging about the food I'm preparing. I'm making so much food! So I'm going to start fixing a couple things ahead of time to save me some time on Thanksgiving day. We plan on going to the Macy's parade in the Big Apple so I'll need all the spare time I can get! Many of my recipes are easy to freeze or can be refrigerated for a couple days and still come out beautifully.
Le Menu
- Deviled Eggs
- Baked Brie with Apricot Preserves
- Cranberry Sauce
- Mashed Potatoes with Turkey Gravy
- Stuffing
- Green Bean Casserole
- Candied Sweet Potatoes
- Roast Turkey
- Rolls
- Pecan Pie
- Pumpkin Pie
So, as you can see, I will probably have a lot of leftovers! But I can think of a couple people who would be into a Thanksgiving leftovers dinner. I will post tons of pictures of the meal and parade when the day comes. Directly after my family leaves our little town, my husband's family arrives and I will be cooking some for them as well. So expect lots of pictures and recipes over the next two weeks!

No comments:
Post a Comment