Tuesday, February 10, 2015

Marinara Sauce

For our pizza and game night, I was super hungry and couldn't wait for the pizza to come so I whipped up some garlic bread and marinara sauce. 


I had a loaf of Italian bread that I simply cut in half to make garlic bread. All I did for that was melt some butter that I then spooned over the bread, shook some granulated garlic over it, then topped with mozzarella and parmesan cheeses. I sprinkled a bit more granulated garlic over the bread and garnished with a small amount of parsley then baked in the oven on 350°F until the cheese was melted and just starting to brown.

For the marinara, I measured as best I could but depending on how much marinara sauce you're making, you may have to adjust the amounts of each element depending on your own taste.

What You Need:
  • 8 oz. tomato sauce
  • 1 Tbsp. garlic powder
  • 1 Tbsp. basil
  • 2 Tbsp. minced garlic
  • 1 Tbsp. sugar
  • 1 roma tomato, seeded and diced
  • dash of chili powder
  • pinch of salt
How to Do It:

I used a small saucepan and just mixed everything together in it. I kept the sauce over medium-low heat for about forty minutes, stirring often. My biggest advice is that you definitely rid the tomato of seeds before dicing it and putting it into the sauce. I did serve my sauce and the garlic bread warm.

No comments:

Post a Comment