Monday, February 9, 2015

Queso Blanco

Game night at our place tonight! So I wanted something easy enough to make that could just sit around in one pot and be serve-yourself. I decided on arroz con pollo because I've made it before, it's delicious, and everything gets put into the same pot and cooked together! Easy clean-up for your's truly! 


Because I was making this delicious Latin American dish, I wanted something to go along as an appetizer while the rice dish cooks for about 30 minutes. I love queso blanco so much! When I eat at my favorite Mexican restaurant in Ohio, I typically order it because it's like crack to me (as if Fiesta Tropicana isn't...) and I just cannot get enough!

This queso is a bit closer to the Applebee's version than my favorite from my little Mexican restaurant but it is just as delicious! As I was cooking it, Hubby and I could not keep our chips out of it! It is so incredibly addictive! I think I would eat it on anything!

This delicious appetizer is super-duper easy to make and you'll be so happy you've tried it! You'll be making it all the time for a quick appetizer. Hurry up and get to it, y'all! And try to keep your hands out of the chip bowl until you're ready to serve!

What You Need:
  • olive oil
  • 1/4 cup white onion, diced finely
  • 1 large jalapeño, seeded and stem removed, minced
  • 12 oz. white American cheese, shredded
  • 4 oz. Monterey Jack cheese, shredded
  • 1/4-2/3 cup cream
  • 2 roma tomatoes, seeded and diced
  • cilantro, roughly chopped
How to Do It:

First, heat olive oil in a sauce pan over medium heat. Add jalapeño and onion, cook until soft, stir frequently.


Reduce heat, add cheese and 1/4 cup cream. Stir until almost melted.


Add tomatoes, cilantro, and a little cream at a time until you have reached your desired consistency.


Serve hot with chips.



No comments:

Post a Comment