This recipe comes from my aunt Amy in Ohio who makes these delicious potatoes for Easter every year. These are my favorite side dish for any large dinner. I love having these delicious potatoes at dinner and most people like them as well. Typically, I would have corn flakes on my potatoes for a little crunchy-ness but potato chips work pretty well too. The best part about these potatoes is the simplicity of them and how great of a potluck side dish they are. Typically I don't have any leftovers so they are something awesome to take over to a host's house. I used to actually have several helpings of these potatoes during Easter dinners when I was a kid (unless they had too much onion in them...).
So hopefully you will find my cheesy potatoes to be as delicious as I think they are! I have back-up in Hubby if you think otherwise! Enjoy!
What You Need:
- 2 lb. shredded hashbrown potatoes, thawed
- 1/2 cup melted butter
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1/4 tsp. pepper
- 16 oz. sour cream
- 1 can cream of chicken soup
- 2 cups cheddar cheese, shredded and divided
- onion (optional amount)
- corn flakes (optional)
- 1/4 cup melted butter (if using corn flakes)
How to Do It:
First off, place the hashbrown potatoes in a greased 9x13 baking pan, mix melted butter over potatoes and preheat oven to 350°F. Combine sour cream, chicken soup, salt, pepper, and onion (I don't use much). Pour sour cream mixture over potatoes and mix until all potatoes are covered. Mix in one cup of shredded cheese, sprinkle remaining cup of cheese over potatoes. Bake on 350°F for 45 minutes. If adding corn flakes, bake potatoes on 350°F for 30 minutes and add corn flakes with melted butter over them for the last 15 minutes of baking.

No comments:
Post a Comment