Tuesday, April 7, 2015

Fruit Pizza

This recipe comes from a family friend, Sharon, who made it for us first a couple years ago. My dad calls it (excuse my French...) "pretty good shit". There are several different fruits that you could use but I prefer strawberries, blueberries, and kiwi. My sister typically wouldn't eat anything that has cream cheese in it but she made an exception this Easter. This recipe is so easy to use and will surely make anyone that eats it super happy!


Typically, I would cut the pizza into squares but this year I wasn't present for the cutting of the dessert and my sister thought I actually wanted it cut like a pizza. It turned out just fine being cut like this but now she knows why it's usually cut into small squares instead of large pie slices! We could barely finish our slices because they were too big after all the dinner we ate!

What You Need:
  • 1 pkg. refrigerated sugar cookie dough
  • 8 oz. cream cheese, soft
  • 1/2 cup sugar
  • 1 tsp. vanilla
  • sliced strawberries, washed
  • blueberries, washed
  • 2 kiwis, sliced and washed
How to Do It:

Roll the sugar cookie out onto a greased cookie sheet and bake according to package instructions. In a medium bowl, beat together cream cheese, sugar, and vanilla. When cookie is baked, careful not to over-brown, cool on a wire rack. When cookie is cooled, spread cream cheese mixture over cookie. Place fruits over cream cheese mixture and chill at least four hours before serving. To serve, I suggest cutting into small squares.

No comments:

Post a Comment