Tonight's dinner was enchiladas with a side of rice and it was super-duper delicious! I have been craving Mexican food for about a week now and, unfortunately, my favorite Mexican place is in Ohio so I had to make my own. So, let's get to it!
- flour or corn tortillas*
- 1 can enchilada sauce
- 1 can refried beans
- 1 block monterey jack cheese
- 9x13 baking pan
* I personally use flour tortillas because I find corn tortillas to be difficult when trying to roll around beans and they break apart very easily if they are too full of ingredients.
How To Do It:
First, preheat your oven to 350°F and pour half of the can of enchilada sauce on the bottom of the pan. Next, put some refried beans in the tortillas and roll them up, placing them on top of the sauce. I also made some cheese enchiladas by slicing 1/4 thick pieces of the cheese and place two slices on each tortilla, rolling them, and putting them with the others in the pan. Top the enchiladas with the remaining sauce and some leftover monterey jack cheese, shredded. Place the pan in the oven and bake for about 15 minutes. Serve with rice and any of your favorite salsa or guacamole!


No comments:
Post a Comment