Friday, August 8, 2014

No-Bake Cookies

After my delightful dinner, I needed something sweet to wash it down with so I made some no bakes. I got my recipe from Pinterest that was originally posted here:  http://dessert.food.com/recipe/no-bake-chocolate-oatmeal-cookies-23821. I've made these cookies before and they have turned out really well every time! They are delicious!


What You Need:

  • ½ cup butter
  • 2 cups sugar
  • ½ cup milk
  • 4 Tbsp. cocoa
  • ½ cup creamy peanut butter*
  • 2 tsp. vanilla
  • 3 - 3 ½ cups quick oats
  • 4 quart sauce pan
  • wax paper or plastic cutting board

* I love chunky peanut butter, but for this particular recipe, it doesn't work out the best because it can make the cookies very crumbly and dry.

How To Do It:

First, add the first 4 ingredients to the sauce pan and bring to a rolling boil. Hold at a rolling boil for 1 full minute so they will set up perfectly. Remove from heat and add in peanut butter, stirring to mix until melted. Next, add in vanilla and oats, one cup at a time. Drop by tablespoons onto wax paper or cutting board and let them set up for at least 20 minutes. They're so incredibly easy to make and super delicious!


No comments:

Post a Comment