Monday, August 4, 2014

Corn Meal Mush

Yesterday I had the chance to make breakfast for the hubby and myself so we had corn meal mush. And it was rather delicious, if I do say so myself! I didn't make the mush myself like I could have but I went with the next best thing from the Amish Country in Walnut Creek, Ohio. It comes packaged and all you have to do is slice it.





So first, slice up the mush into 1/4 inch thick slices and coat the slices in flour. I usually just put mine in a bowl.




When the slices are floured, place them into a skillet with hot oil and cook them until they start to brown, then you will flip them.




When all the slices are golden brown, remove them from the oil and place them on a plate with paper towels to soak up some of the oil. When you're ready to serve, I like to sprinkle powdered sugar on them and then cover in warm syrup.



Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment