Wednesday, October 8, 2014

Angel Chicken

Tonight's dinner was a delicious pasta dish I've made several times in the past. I love pasta for large groups of people and tonight was no exception. Dinner was with my parents, my sister and brother-in-law, and my grandpa. Pasta is just a really simple way to make any amount of food for however big a group you are cooking for. It's so easy to make a large meal for many people or a small meal for two. Any way you look at it, pasta is always going to be a dish you can make quickly and will impress any guest. I used thin spaghetti but you can really use any kind you prefer.


As I was cooking for my grandpa, who is on a low-sodium diet, I made sure to use ingredients that he could eat. You don't have to use low-sodium ingredients when making this. Also, I was making this meal for more than four people so I doubled the original recipe. Either way, this is a delicious and simple dish that you can make in the Crockpot so it's ready right when you get home for dinner.

What You Need:


  • 8 oz. cream cheese, soft
  • 2 cans cream of mushroom soup
  • ½ cup Italian dressing
  • 1 ½ lb. chicken, cubed
  • 2 lb. angel hair pasta, cooked

How to Do It:

First, cube the chicken and place in a slow cooker. 


With an electric mixer, beat together softened cream cheese, mushroom soup, and Italian dressing, blending well. 


Pour over cubed chicken.


Cook on low 4-5 hours. Stir before serving and occasionally if you can. Serve over cooked pasta. Garnish with parsley if desired.


Check out my bruschetta recipe for a simple appetizer!


No comments:

Post a Comment