Today, to celebrate my family being in town, my guest chef Mom taught me how to make easy doughnuts out of biscuits. The idea comes from my great-great-grandmother, Viola. We loved them! I had never had them before but I will not make that mistake again! They were so delicious. We topped ours three different ways. First, we covered them in powdered sugar. Another batch we covered with powdered sugar icing (plus one with chocolate sprinkles). And the doughnut holes we covered with icing then rolled them in a mixture of sugar and cinnamon.
What You Need:
- Pillsbury Grand Homestyle Biscuits
- 48 oz. canola oil
- powdered sugar (confectioner)
- milk
- sugar
- cinnamon
How to Do It:
First, empty the contents of the oil in a deep fryer or large, deep skillet or sauce pan. Let the oil heat up. While it's heating, open the biscuits and separate. To punch the holes, I used the empty oil bottle.
![]() |
| POP! |
When all of your doughnuts are ready, add them to the hot oil (be careful).
When the doughnuts are golden brown, remove them from the oil. Let them cool a bit and cover as you choose. The doughnut holes are fun to watch too!
Enjoy!





The donuts look great! I've never made them but I remember Grandma Ola making them. I know you're enjoying your visit before your trip back to Ohio. See you soon. Have a safe trip! Smooches
ReplyDelete