Thursday, October 2, 2014

Basil Pesto with Broccoli Pasta

Tonight's dinner is a repeat but I used thin spaghetti instead of penne this time. The penne turned out great last time I made this dish but the spaghetti I used this time turned out awesome also. Again, I served my pasta with bread and garlic butter (are you seeing a chain here...). So anyways, although it is a repeat, I thought I would post it again as I did use a different type of pasta and added broccoli to the pasta. For the broccoli I simply used half a bag of frozen broccoli which I nuked in the microwave for 2 minutes. I then added a small amount of butter to the bowl along with some salt and pepper to season it a bit. It turned out to be a great way to add some vegetables to our (primarily) carb-filled diet.


What You Need:
  • 2 cups fresh basil leaves, washed
  • ½ cup cashews
  • 3 cloves garlic, chopped
  • ½ cup parmesan cheese
  • ½ cup olive oil
  • frozen broccoli
  • 2 Tbsp. butter
  • salt and pepper to taste
  • personal taste of pasta, cooked

How to Do It:

First, add basil leaves and cashews to a food processor and chop. 


Add in garlic and chop. 


Add parmesan cheese and olive oil and chop. 


Chop, chop, choppity, chop chop. 


Cook broccoli according to package instructions and season as you wish. I prefer 2 tablespoons of butter and some salt and pepper. 

You can either plate your dish with broccoli on the side or you can add the broccoli to the drained, cooked pasta before adding the pesto sauce. Either way works fine.




No comments:

Post a Comment