An easy and delicious addition to any Turkey Day meal is fresh cranberry sauce. I love to eat it on my turkey. The sweet and sour of the cranberries really adds flavor to a delicious turkey. Usually, my family does the whole canned-cranberries thing or we have cranberry salad (Aunt Carlene's recipe which I will hopefully get this Christmas). Anyways, I thought about just making the homemade stuff this year because I'm trying for a mostly homemade Thanksgiving meal.
- 1 pound fresh cranberries, washed and dried
- 2 cups granulated sugar
- 1/3 cup water
- 1 cinnamon stick or 1/2 tsp. ground cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp. ground allspice
- 1/4 tsp. ground nutmeg
- 1 orange, zested and juiced
How to Do It:
First, combine the cranberries, sugar, and water in a medium pot.
Stir to blend and bring to a boil over medium heat. Reduce to a simmer and add the cinnamon, allspice, and nutmeg.
Stir to blend and simmer for 5 to 7 minutes. Add the orange juice and zest. Stir and cool.
Stir to blend and bring to a boil over medium heat. Reduce to a simmer and add the cinnamon, allspice, and nutmeg.
Stir to blend and simmer for 5 to 7 minutes. Add the orange juice and zest. Stir and cool.
You can refrigerate this recipe for up to two days before serving so it's an excellent make-ahead dish to save time.
Original recipe found here.





No comments:
Post a Comment