Saturday, December 6, 2014

Scotcharoos

Last night after dinner, I made scotcharoos. Although we didn't get to try them right away, because they take awhile to cool down and set up, I knew they're delicious because my mom makes them often and they are one of my favorites! I know my in-laws love them too because my mom made scotcharoos for them one year for Christmas and they flipped over them. So delicious and easy, you'll want to make them all the time! I love putting some with different cookies on a plate for an easy holiday gift for anyone. So now we've tried them and I think my mother would be proud of my first attempt at scotcharoos.


What You Need:

  • 1 cup granulated sugar
  • 1 cup light Karo syrup
  • 1 cup peanut butter
  • 6 cups Rice Krispies
  • 12 oz. chocolate chips
  • 1 cup butterscotch chips
How to Do It:

First, boil together sugar and Karo syrup until you've reached a hard boil.


When boiling, remove from heat and add peanut butter. Stir and when melted, add in Krispies. Put the mixture in a greased 9x13 pan and set aside.


In a double boiler*, add chocolate and butterscotch chips and melt.


When smooth, pour the melted chocolate over the Rice Krispie mixture in the greased pan.

 


Chill until chocolate is completely set. Cut and enjoy!

*If you do not have a double boiler (like me) simply put a small amount of water in a sauce pan. Find a bowl that you can heat and fits the top of the pan but doesn't touch the bottom. It works the same way!

No comments:

Post a Comment