This year for my neighbors, I thought it would be nice to bake a little something special. I also wanted to try something new so I looked through my recipe books and found a pumpkin cranberry cake which sounded interesting. Then I found a gingerbread cake that also sounds interesting. So I thought, "Porque no los dos?"
So anyways, tried out the new cake and it was delicious! So I'm wrapping them up in pretty cellophane with a candy cane to look festive and what-not. I know, getting all crafty and stuff. Yes, I am also a crafter. Okay...getting back to it now...
What You Need:
- 1 1/4 cup flour
- 3/4 tsp. ground ginger
- 1/2 tsp. baking soda
- 1/2 tsp. baking powder
- 1/2 tsp. ground cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 1/4 tsp. ground cloves
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 3 Tbsp. brewed coffee, cooled, or milk
- 1/3 cup butter, soft
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup molasses
- about 5 oz. cranberries
- powdered sugar to garnish
How to Do It:
First, in a small bowl, combine flour, ginger, baking soda, baking powder, cinnamon, salt, and cloves; set aside. In a separate bowl, whisk together sour cream and coffee or milk (I used milk); set aside. Next, in a medium bowl, beat butter and brown sugar until light and fluffy. Add egg, beating until combined. Gradually add molasses, beating until smooth. Add flour and sour cream mixtures alternately, beating after each until just combined. Beat on high after all combined for 20 more seconds. Add cranberries and fold in gently. Spread batter into a lightly greased pan. Bake for 20 to 25 minutes on 325°F, or until a toothpick comes out clean. Sift powdered sugar over the cake when cooled. Enjoy!



No comments:
Post a Comment