Wednesday, December 3, 2014

Pecan Pie

One of my absolute favorite pies to have for the holidays is pecan pie. Really, I love it any time, not just for the holidays. It's also one of my dad's favorite pies as well! I won't go on a rant about how you absolutely must serve pecan pie at your holiday meal, like I did for pumpkin pie. But I seriously encourage you to try out making this pie for your Thanksgiving dessert. The recipe I have that follows comes from my Grandma Francis.


What You Need:
  • 3/4 cup sugar
  • 1 cup light Karo syrup
  • 3 eggs, slightly beaten
  • 4 Tbsp. margarine
  • 1 tsp. vanilla
  • 1 cup pecans, broken

How to Do It:

First, boil sugar and syrup together for 2 minutes. Pour slowly over beaten eggs, stirring vigorously.

Add margarine, vanilla, and nuts and stir.

Pour into uncooked pie shell and bake at 350°F for 50 minutes or until a knife inserted in the middle comes out clean. Cool on a wire rack for at least 2 hours. Refrigerate if not serving immediately.

No comments:

Post a Comment