Tonight's dinner was so delicious I couldn't wait to share it. Inspiration came from our trip to Europe in May. And, I'm not going to take full credit for it, I did look up ideas for pasta sauces and found a recipe similar to mine. I did, however, change most of the recipe I found and created my own sauce. By the way I used store-bought gnocchi. Eventually I will get the nerves to try out making my own gnocchi like the hubby has before. Anyways, please try and enjoy!
What You Need:
- 2 packages gnocchi
- 1 can tomato sauce
- 1 pint heavy cream
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- salt and pepper
- parmesan cheese
How to Do It:
First, begin boiling water in a large pot. While waiting for the water to boil, pour contents of tomato sauce and most of the heavy cream in a small pot. Add the garlic, salt, pepper, and parmesan to taste. Mix well. By now, the water should be boiling and you should add the gnocchi to the boiling water. When the gnocchi begin floating to the top of the water, you can drain the water from them. Add the pasta back to the pot after you've drained them. Pour the sauce over the gnocchi and mix well. You're ready to serve with parmesan cheese and parsley.
I also served our gnocchi with garlic butter and bread. Really easy: put four tablespoons of butter and a crushed clove of garlic in a small skillet and heat on low heat until the butter is melted. I used a loaf of bread I got from the market.


I don't really know what gnocchi is. The dish looks tasty.
ReplyDeleteGnocchi is a potato-based pasta that can also be considered a dumpling. It's very dense so it fills you up quickly. But they are really good!
ReplyDelete