For the salad tonight, I made a simple balsamic vinaigrette for the dressing instead of the usual ranch, french, or italian dressing. I found it on the food network website, courtesy of Emeril Lagasse (Kick it up a notch, BAM!). I topped an arugula salad with mozzarella cheese and this dressing as my side dish to dinner. The easy recipe can also be found at this link and requires very little in the way of ingredients: http://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/emeril-lagasse/simple-balsamic-vinaigrette-recipe.html.
What You Need:
- 1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
- 1 Tbsp. chopped garlic
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1/2 tsp. black pepper
- 3/4 cup olive oil
How to Do It:
I put all my ingredients in a martini shaker and shook it all up. Another way of doing it is to put the vinegar in a medium size mixing bowl, add the garlic, salt, and pepper and whisk into a frenzy until the salt has dissolved. Then add in the olive oil in droplets, whisking the entire time. Either way, it takes no time and is a delicious topping to your salad!

No comments:
Post a Comment