This evening's dinner is brought to you courtesy of Mother Thyme's website: http://www.motherthyme.com/. Another successful meal at the dinner table that is hubby-approved. I will warn you that it was a tad bit spicy and I will probably not use as much hot sauce next time and that I made some slight adjustments for personal taste and readily available ingredients. The original recipe can be found here: http://www.motherthyme.com/2012/06/vegetable-pad-thai.html or on my Pinterest page here: http://www.pinterest.com/jdub08/favorite-recipes/.
What You Need:
- 3 Tbsp. soy sauce
- 2 Tbsp. brown sugar
- 2 Tbsp. fresh lime juice
- 1 Tbsp. hot sauce (I used Tapatios)
- 1 Tbsp. apple cider vinegar
- 2 tsp. vegetable oil
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 8 oz. wide rice noodles, prepared according to package instructions
- 1 carrot, thinly sliced
- 1 small onion, diced finely
- 1/3 cup peanuts, chopped
- lime wedges to garnish
How To Do It:
First, in a small bowl, add soy sauce, brown sugar, lime juice, hot sauce, and vinegar and whisk until blended. Next, on medium high heat, add vegetable oil, garlic, and onion to a large saucepan. Cook until fragrant, about 2 minutes, and do not let burn. Add beaten eggs to the onion and garlic and scramble as you normally would. Reduce heat to low and add noodles and prepared sauce and toss all together. Add carrot and toss again. Serve with peanuts and lime wedge and enjoy!


Looks yummy.
ReplyDelete