Friday, September 19, 2014

Fettucine Alfredo

Tonight's dinner is inspired by one of my favorite dishes at any Italian restaurant, alfredo sauce. I love the stuff. No matter how garlic-y or if it's alone, with chicken, seafood, broccoli, I don't care. I love it! A couple years ago, I found a recipe on Pinterest that I had to try and I loved it! It's so similar to Olive Garden's in taste, it could be a copycat recipe! It's an easy one that can be made on the stovetop or in a Crockpot. Either way, it's delicious on any pasta, not just fettucine and I love to serve it with tiny cubes of chicken. So, onto it!



What You Need:
  • 1 pint heavy cream
  • 1 stick of butter
  • 1 clove of garlic, minced
  • 1 cup of parmesan cheese, grated or shredded
  • 2 Tbsp. cream cheese
  • 1/2 tsp. black pepper
  • 1 tsp. salt
  • 2 tsp. cornstarch

How to Do It:

If you're going the Crockpot route, turn the heat to low and let the sauce do it's trick for about 4 hours. On high, it takes about 1-2 hours. On the stovetop, use medium-high heat and cube the butter and cream cheese, it will incorporate things quicker. 

First, add all ingredients, except the cornstarch, to the Crockpot or sauce pan. Stir occasionally and watch that you don't burn your sauce. When the butter and cream cheese is melted, remove 1/2 cup of the sauce in a small bowl or cup. Add cornstarch and stir briskly. Add the removed sauce back to the Crockpot or sauce pan and stir all together. This will help ticken up the sauce better. Serve over any pasta or as a dip for fresh bread.




No comments:

Post a Comment