Monday, September 15, 2014

Pork Pad Thai

Tonight's dinner was a repeat from last week's vegetable pad thai, however, this time I used pork in the pad thai. I simply grilled the pork in small chunks and added them to the egg mixture. I also changed the amount of sauce I used as well as using sriracha instead of regular hot sauce.





What You Need:
  • 4 Tbsp. soy sauce
  • 4 Tbsp. brown sugar
  • 2 Tbsp. fresh lime juice
  • 2 Tbsp. Sriracha
  • 2 Tbsp. apple cider vinegar
  • 2 tsp. vegetable oil
  • 1 garlic clove, minced
  • 2 eggs, beaten
  • 1 small onion, diced finely
  • 4 boneless pork chops
  • 8 oz. wide rice noodles, prepared according to package instructions
  • 1 carrot, thinly sliced
  • 1/3 cup peanuts, chopped
  • lime wedges to garnish

How To Do It:
First, in a small bowl, add soy sauce, brown sugar, lime juice, hot sauce, and vinegar and whisk until blended. Cut pork into small cubes and brown them in a skillet. Next, on medium high heat, add vegetable oil, garlic, and onion to a large saucepan. Cook until fragrant, about 2 minutes, and do not let burn. Add beaten eggs to the onion and garlic and scramble as you normally would. Add browned pork and toss. Reduce heat to low and add noodles and prepared sauce and toss all together. Add carrot and toss again. Serve with peanuts and lime wedge and enjoy!




Original recipe: http://www.motherthyme.com/2012/06/vegetable-pad-thai.html

No comments:

Post a Comment