Friday, January 2, 2015

Best Grilled Cheese Sammich Ever

My first meal of the new year was grilled cheese sandwiches and tomato soup. I know, not much at all. But it was lunch and I wanted to use my new BELLA Griddle . So I used some inspiration from the 2014 movie Chef , which by the way is an excellent movie (especially if you're a foodie) that will leave you hungry by the end of it. P.S., it's totally coming to Netflix instant streaming at the end of this month so sign up for the free 30-day trial so you can watch it!

Anyways, there's a scene in the movie where the main character makes a grilled cheese sandwich that would make anyone's mouth water. And I wanted to use my griddle so win-win. Delicious, easy lunch and a new blog post! 


What you Need:

  • Sharp Cheddar cheese
  • Colby & Monterey Jack cheese
  • Mozzarella cheese
  • Aged Swiss cheese
  • Italian loaf bread (I got mine from WalMart for $1)
  • butter
  • olive oil
How to Do It:

Start off with hot griddle. Add a small amount of olive oil to the griddle and allow to heat.


Next, slice and butter the bread. Then rub on the hot oil and listen to that beautiful sizzle.


When the bread has heated a bit and the griddle-side has toasted lightly, add cheese.


When the cheese has begun to heat, combine the two slices of your sandwich and turn up the heat a small amount so as to toast a bit more.


When your bread is toasted to your liking, remove from griddle and slice.



After using my Bella griddle for the first time, I found I really liked it. There is a drip dish that easily removes for cleaning. The griddle plugs in to a removable power cord so it's fairly easy to clean. You can't submerge the beast (it's pretty large at 20 inches long, 10 inches wide) because it is electric, but just propping it in a dry sink, power outlet side out of the sink, and washing with a soapy sponge then rinsing by spraying it down is easy. I would give this product a 4 out of 5 stars. Not a perfect score because it does take up a lot of counter space, you can't submerge it like most stovetop griddles, and could be obsolete if you don't cook much. It's very useful for me because I can make two sandwiches at a time now so there's no cold sandwiches for one of us as well as the amount of pancakes or bacon the griddle could make at once as well. Basically, I love it because I can make so much more food in a shorter period of time. So if you're looking for something that will save you some time, this is a no-brainer!

No comments:

Post a Comment