Thursday, January 15, 2015

Chocolate Chip Cookie for One

I first heard of this idea on Pinterest and thought, "Wow. I bet that sucks. One cookie? Who can eat only one cookie? And look at it. It doesn't even look like a cookie. It's in a mug. And you bake it in the microwave? That doesn't even make sense!" Then today, while I was sitting on the couch hearing my sweet-tooth screaming out to me, I thought, "Oh, what the hay. I can try it once. If it doesn't work, it's not like I'm throwing out a whole batch of cookies." Well, I was wrong. This thing is delicious if you're looking for just one cookie to calm sweet-tooth down. Be careful though because it could totally burn your mouth! I wish I had had ice cream to eat with it. But I didn't. So here I am, eating my loner-cookie and enjoying it!


What You Need:
  • 1 Tbsp. butter
  • 1 Tbsp. sugar
  • 1 Tbsp. brown sugar, packed
  • 1/2 tsp. vanilla
  • pinch of salt
  • 1 egg yolk
  • 3 Tbsp. flour
  • 1-2 Tbsp. chocolate chips (or more...)
How to Do It:

First, melt butter in a mug. It will take 30 seconds to one minute. Mix in sugars, vanilla, and salt until well-combined. Mix in egg yolk until you can no longer see any traces of yolk in the mixture. Mix in flour until well-combined. Mix in chocolate chips. Microwave on high 40-50 seconds. Mine took a little bit longer because my microwave is a tad old. Serve warm!


No comments:

Post a Comment