Tuesday, January 27, 2015

Black Bean Veggie Burgers

Good morning, readers! Last night I made black bean burgers again. This time I added a couple fun toppings to make the burgers a little more fancy and similar to burgers I've had in restaurants in the past. You can click on the link above to go to my post if you've never made a black bean burger before. So, on our burgers, I put a sriracha dressing of my own recipe, a corn salsa of my own recipe and some onion straws that I got from the Pioneer Woman. 


Now, as I mentioned before, the corn salsa and sriracha dressing I made were made up in my own mind so if you're not a fan, don't worry! I'm new to making up my own recipes so I certainly won't be shocked if they aren't for everyone. But if you do end up trying them and you have some suggestions on how to make them better, feel free to comment! The corn salsa and the onion straws have their own posts, but I'm going to leave instructions here for the sriracha dressing because it doesn't really have measurements yet. It was really made to taste so I'm not sure how much of each component I put in but I'll guesstimate it.

What You Need:
  • buttermilk ranch dressing
  • sriracha hot chili sauce
  • sour cream
  • salt
  • garlic powder
How to Do It:

Really simple. Start with a base of ranch dressing, I used about three tablespoons. Next, squeeze in a small amount of sriracha, I used about 1/4 teaspoon. Scoop out about two tablespoons sour cream and add it next. Mix it all up then add in about 1/2 teaspoon of salt and one teaspoon of garlic powder. I added in about another 1/4 teaspoon of sriracha at the end and mixed it all up again. Depending on how spicy you like things, you can always add more sriracha if need be! I liked this as a sauce on the black bean burgers and it was also good to just dip the onion straws in!

No comments:

Post a Comment