Because it's a new year, isn't it time to try new recipes? Of course it is! There are so many recipes on my Pinterest page that I've been meaning to try. So finally, I am going to try the following fifteen recipes over the course of this year. The following recipes are going to be a mixture of recipes for various appetizers, entrées, and desserts. When I make these recipes, I will redirect back to this post so you can follow along.
15. Taco Bake
This recipe I have been meaning to try because it looks like an interesting dish you could take to a potluck dinner or have as an easy dish when you have friends over. And come on, who wouldn't want something like this during a football game? This really seems like something you could just plop on a paper plate and scoop up with Doritos or Fritos. Just don't eat it all by yourself.
14. General Tso's Chicken
This recipe is something that I love to eat when I order Chinese food. It's something sweet and spicy, the perfect amount of both. I was first introduced to General Tso's Chicken when I lived in Ohio. It was one of my Aunt Carlene's favorite dishes. So this year, I really want to try making it. Maybe even for my aunt if she comes to visit me!
13. White Chocolate-Raspberry Cheesecake Bars
These just look absolutely delicious! My mouth actually waters just looking at the picture! I've made plenty of cheesecakes before but this is one thing I've never tried and I would really love to make them for my family this year sometime! They seem fairly easy to make and, come on, look at them! I can only hope my version turns out looking this great!
12. Bloomin' Onion Copycat
15. Taco Bake
This recipe I have been meaning to try because it looks like an interesting dish you could take to a potluck dinner or have as an easy dish when you have friends over. And come on, who wouldn't want something like this during a football game? This really seems like something you could just plop on a paper plate and scoop up with Doritos or Fritos. Just don't eat it all by yourself.
14. General Tso's Chicken
This recipe is something that I love to eat when I order Chinese food. It's something sweet and spicy, the perfect amount of both. I was first introduced to General Tso's Chicken when I lived in Ohio. It was one of my Aunt Carlene's favorite dishes. So this year, I really want to try making it. Maybe even for my aunt if she comes to visit me!
13. White Chocolate-Raspberry Cheesecake Bars
These just look absolutely delicious! My mouth actually waters just looking at the picture! I've made plenty of cheesecakes before but this is one thing I've never tried and I would really love to make them for my family this year sometime! They seem fairly easy to make and, come on, look at them! I can only hope my version turns out looking this great!
12. Bloomin' Onion Copycat

I love going to Outback Steakhouse and ordering this as an appetizer! I absolutely love the sauce that goes with it too! I want to try both but because they go together, they only count as one recipe I want to make this year. I'm excited to try making this on my own for a party appetizer. I can never eat the whole thing, even when I'm sharing with others, but it's something I love and want to try making so badly!
I really want to make this cake for a special person's birthday or maybe for a wonderful dinner party. I'm so in love with the marriage of chocolate and raspberry in everything. It's absolutely one of my favorite flavor combinations. This cake looks absolutely impressive and I think it will come out beautifully when I finally try it out.

This recipe looks and sounds delicious. I love trying new flavors like the cajun style rub that is present in this recipe. And I've never tried quinoa before so I'm excited for that too. I think the chicken looks beautiful when it's blackened and with that lovely green color of the avocado yogurt sauce that will help cool down the cajun spicy-ness, it just looks gorgeous.
9. Corn Dogs
Every time fair-time comes around, in my hometown's case, that means October, I get a huge hankering for one of these slathered in mustard and ketchup with greasy fries on the side! The only downsides to fair corn dogs, are the price (sometimes they're $4!) and the fact they really only come around once a year. I absolutely love corn dogs! So when I saw that I had the capability of making them myself at home, I was so excited! I can't wait to try out making my first homemade corn dog!
8. Queso Blanco

I love queso blanco! The spicy cheese dip is one of my favorite appetizers to get with my chips and salsa at any Mexican restaurant. My husband actually likes to dip tortilla chips in both salsa and queso dip for a spicy/cheesy perfection. Queso is delicious and I can't wait to make my own!

I'm ready for fall to come back around because I love caramel apples! This is like a caramel apple cupcake! So not only do you get the delight of a caramel apple, you get it in the form of a cupcake! What better way to eat a caramel apple than as a baby cake?! These sound delicious and I can't wait to try them out!

I have never tried this before but it looks really good! I am a huge fan of shrimp of all kinds and it's so great when the shrimp is fried! I think this sauce sounds like it would be a huge hit for anyone who tries it. I can't wait to try out this recipe because I think it looks and sounds delicious! I would love to serve it over rice.
5. Beignets
It may just be a fancy way to say doughnuts, but I'm thinking they will be delicious no matter how to say it! I love doughnuts and I have made them before but never like a beignet! Hopefully they will turn out as beautifully as this lady's picture! I'm thinking I will have to make them for Fat Tuesday but we'll see!
4. Banana Bread

I always end up with overly ripe bananas because I don't like them that much so the hubby is the only one that eats them. That, and he really only likes them to a point. Once they're past that point, he won't eat them so we always end up throwing them out. This time, I'm going to save them so I can make this recipe for my dad. He really likes banana nut bread so I will probably find a way to add in some pecans or walnuts but it will probably be the same basic idea.

I remember having a cake very similar to this when I was a kid. Although that cake had vanilla ice cream in the middle as opposed to just vanilla cream and was called hot fudge cake. I loved that cake so much and I have so many good memories of going with my grandparents to get it for dessert. So basically, I want to make this cake to bring me warm memories of my childhood and to have something delicious at the end of the day.
2. Lemon Bars
I. Love. Lemon. There, I've said it. I absolutely love lemony flavored desserts! I have always liked lemon bars but I think that making my own will be a feat because I always have trouble making lemon meringue pie set up properly. So here's to trying something that has frustrated me various times and hopefully making it work!
1. Applesauce

I have always liked the idea of making my own applesauce, probably because it brings me another round of warm childhood memories of my grandpa's applesauce. I really want to finally do it the fall! And with this recipe, I can make it in my Crockpot! I'm excited to try it out when fall comes back around!
No comments:
Post a Comment